Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Fickle

I always rather thought I was a bit of a nomad. With all the moving I did in the past 26 years I never really minded the change. Well now that I don't have a home (but I have a family, and that's all that really matters) and move about constantly I really am a nomad and love it. I've come to the conclusion that I am also fickle. I never used to be but now I am. This is because every country that I go to and see, I seem to like the best. I have developed an affinity for them all at the same time. You guys at home are now saying "this girl has gone crazy, we'd better get her back before she goes completely mad". Right now Sri Lanka is my favorite. It's a gorgeous thick, lush, green jungle with palm trees as prolific as Vancouvers evergreens. Being a small island it has beautiful beaches with WARM water to swim in all day long, small mountains up to 8000 ft., manicured tea plantations and amazingly friendly people. The beds are soft although too short for Ammon, decent food, hot weather what more could you ask for. You don't even need hot water for showering cold is what you want. Sri Lanka would be a great place to open up a guest house or foster home. I think that I may join the Peace Corp or the equivalent when I finish raising the girls. Most definitely I will dedicate the rest of my life to charity work at home or abroad. There is so much good in the world and so many wonderful people out here, in need. No I haven't turned into a "granola bar" it's just that my spoiled western eyes have been opened. Life is exciting when you don't know what you're doing or where you're going!! Somehow though, it always seems to work out amazingly well.
Lots of love
Maggie

1 Comments:

At 12:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to talk to you. You should do what you think... I love that!
Luv,
Sandra

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home