Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Dracula

Wow, does it ever feel good to be taking a break! We have been in Brasov for the past few days, enjoying our stay in the hostel. We went on a hike up to the Hollywood "Brasov" sign and saw the view of town. Really nice. 2 days ago, I must admit, was one of our laziest days! We watched almost 10 movies. Hhaah, our excuse was that we've been "movie and t.v. deprived" for over a year. Well it's TRUE!!
Yesterday we went with a bunch of people from our hostel to Sighisoara which is a 2 1/2 hour train ride away. It is the town where Dracula was born! OooOoH, scary!
Today we went to Sinaia and saw Peles palace. WOW! I have never seen anything like it. It was absolutely stunning. Every square inch done with as much detail as the first!!! I think if I lived there I'd find something new everyday to look at on the furniture, walls, ceiling, carpets.......The armory was cool. I love the whole horse and rider in complete shining armor. Pretty spiffy! So ya, sorry to say we have no pictures of the inside because you weren't allowed... though I'm quite surprised we didn't get any considering mom ALWAYS tends to sneak pictures, hahahah. It was raining all day and we all thought we were going to freeze to death in8C. That is, everyone except TERRI of course. Crazy Canadian! I hate the rain.
We've been in this hostel for almost a week, ahhaha and they think we're crazy I'm sure.
Savannah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home