Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Breanna

Its about time I say something.
Halloween is coming up after all. I wish I could be home celebrating with everyone.....more than you can imagine at this point. Not fair. It's just not the same when no one really does anything for halloween out here. I want to dress up, I love getting creative that way. ahahah So much fun but that won't be happening, but maybe I'll come up with something. If not, then that's rather depressing and I'll end up eating candy. What are you guys up too?? Give me some kind of news, I'm dying over here.
How is everyone doing you ask.. humm funny question actually. Everything is crazy at the moment we don't know what's going on so I'll have to get back to you on that one or you'll just find out soon enough.
I don't know why this just popped up in my head but when I was in grade 9 my english teacher asked the class to write an essay about where we see ourselves in 5 years. HAHAHA If only I could pull that piece of paper out from storage and read it. If I remember correctly I said something like.............. "5 years, I'll never get that far, what a silly question". ahah "But if I HAD to make a wild quess I'll have to say I'd be going to some university in the states, competing as one of the top gymnasts on the team or maybe still working for the family business.....who knows???". Woah man thats WAYYYYYYYYYY OFF isn't it folks? I would never have even quessed "humm.. how about backpacking around the world for a very long time". I probably would have got a bad mark if I had said that because to you people at home that is a crazy crazy idea. I can tell you a million times over how great it is but you will never understand untill you take that step and do it yourself. Time flies, don't waste the chance. (sigh) some of you guys just don't and won't believe me I quess. What can we do to change your minds?? Please I need a hint. You don't need to be afraid, find your courage, stop living like a robot. Wake up, work, come home, eat, sleep.......... wake up, work, come home, eat, sleep..... over and over again.. sound familiar??? Talk about boring. ROBOTS!! uh hu u get it yet? You are lucky to live in a country where you can always find a job, take advantage of it! Haven't you noticed that the people who have travelled with us come back with the best stories and plan to come back? Hint hint robots. Start living! Where do you see your self in 5 years from now?? Doing the same old same old thing..boring.
I've met so many great people out here. Oh which reminds me.. We have been hanging out with some missionaries lately. Including playing football in the wee early hours of the moring!! Actually it was more like Ammon, the guy we stayed with in Albania and me, that met the Elders for a few games. We leaped at the opportunity since we sure do miss the sports. We even went to church, dang I miss that too.
Talk to you all again soon, this won't be the last of me.
Bre

4 Comments:

At 7:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bre, I'm glad that you have had such exciting and wonderful experiences. You are a very lucky person to be able to enjoy your travels. Just don't forget that you are there only and because your parents worked to have the money which is sustaining you now. It's not your efforts that are affording you your "pleasure" presently. At some point you will have to go to work [like, or similarly to, the "robots" out there]. The neat thing will be all the super memories that you will have forever. Producing something of value and providng a job well done is also rewarding for some of us. Love you

 
At 12:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree... It's great that you guys are having this amazing experience... I believe EVERYONE should travel - it should be manditory before you "settle" down but the reality is that your trip is being completely subsidized by people who are working and it just isn't possible to live with no income. I agree that we could all learn to do with less, but that's another issue. As you are experiencing right up close, poverty sucks and the reality of life is that it takes money to live... even though you're traveling on a very tight budget, you are worlds ahead of most of those people you are interacting with (because you've come from an industrialized, commercial, demoncratic society that has put things all in place for you to do what you're doing). If the reality is that you never come home and stay somewhere and have to "scratch" an every day existance out of nothing, you'd see that having a job becomes necessary. It is great to be idealistic! It is great to "cut your ties" and feel free, but unfortunately the "reality" of what you have to do to just make ends meet, feed and house yourself one day will happen. So, while we all envy your adventure and enjoy reading about your experiences -making and maintaining a life at home doesn't make us robots... it is the life we choose and we give thanks for our families and our lives and the opportunities we have too. Happy trails and hugs and kisses! (don't shoot the messenger)!

 
At 1:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahah, BITTER MUCH, lighten up people... maybe find better jobs if this makes you so pissed off

oh and im not afraid to attach a name to my comment...

 
At 4:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have read and reread these comments and I failed to see anyone who is pissed off......except this last person to post......pretty civil and cogent viewpoints up until then.

Ironic eh?

Wade

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home