Sunday, March 28, 2010

Classes Begin Again

Sorry, that's a long time without an update. To be totally honest, there hasn't been much going on over here. We did get a bunch of new students in the end, somewhere around 45 I guess. I still don't know who they all are. I am once again a "serious teacher", haha, but it's not very busy for me still. We have 20 new Filipino tutors as well.
Somehow they have successfully managed to turn this place into something somewhat organized. The students all show up for classes, obey curfews and actually study for the first time I've been here. It's been 2 weeks and there seems to be no sign of it letting up either. Amazing.
Once again, as proof of how untouchable I am, I don't know anyone, don't really associate with many people and have a different set of rules. There is now a dress code and all staff have to wear pants. Except me :) I'd have a very hard time obeying that rule anyway. I only have 1 pair of pants and 1 shorts. I need to buy pants but, well, I'm not exactly Filipino size. I am slowly thinking about leaving. Funny how when your time starts to run out you realize there is a lot of stuff you haven't done yet. So I started to take advantage of the cheap massages here. 1 hour of massage, for less than what you paid for your first cup of coffee this morning....
I suppose the biggest news anywhere, is that Bre is leaving Australia and will be back home on May 4th. I was supposed to be going to Brisbane to meet up with her but I guess I'll be doing it on my own instead.
Ammon

3 Comments:

At 11:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ammon,
Ever heard of Tailors? They could make you pants and shorts for a little more than your massage...... may even feel as good. LOL
Bre going back to Vancouver? hope everything is okay for her. Where are your parents now, they don't write for nothing.
Anyways, let me know if you are going to be out in Vancouver in mid may.

Cheers and Big Bear Hugs
Shean

 
At 7:04 PM , Anonymous Maggie said...

hey Shean, Ammons crazy parents are still loving Holland. Spring is here and so are the flowers. Its my favourite time of year. And its amazying how one can climatize. A while ago i thought i might freeze to death at 20C and now, I thinks is time for shorts at 15C. hahah
Maggie

 
At 1:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Maggie,
I am so glad you guys are enjoying the time there....or is it permanent? I understand the tempurature is much more moderated in all extremes high and low. Wonder what the fall is like?

Love and bear hugs to you both.
Shean

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home